701 WEST STADIUM AVENUE
WEST LAFAYETTE, IN 47907-2045
Office: ARMS 1311
Phone: (765) 496-1206
Fax: (765) 494-5819
Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, University of Washington
M.S., Industrial Engineering, University of Washington
B.S., Mathematics, University of Puget Sound
How do engineers use mathematics and mathematical thinking?
How is mathematics really used by engineers?
How are mathematical thinking and engineering design thinking related?
How can we assess design process knowledge and skills?
K-12 Engineering Education
What do precollege students' design processes look like?
How does engineering education benefit non-engineers?
What are parents' perceptions of engineering and teaching engineering to their children?
How do/can parents support development of engineering skills/knowledge?
Tools for ethnographic research and user observations
Awards, Honors, Achievements, & Memberships
- New Faculty Fellow, American Society for Engineering Education, 2007
- PEER Fellow, the NAE's Center for the Advancement of Scholarship in Engineering Education, 2006-2007
- Apprentice Faculty Grant Award, American Society for Engineering Education, 2006.
- American Society for Engineering Education, Member
- American Educational Research Association, Member
- The Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Member
- The Institute for Industrial Engineers, Member