Mailing AddressesPURDUE UNIVERSITY
WANG HALL, 4545
516 NORTHWESTERN AVENUE
WEST LAFAYETTE, IN 47906
Office: WANG 4545
Phone: (765) 496-1684
Ph.D., Science Education (2008), Arizona State University
M.A., Science Education (2002), Arizona State University
B.S.E., Engineering with a Concentration in Mechanical Systems (2009), Arizona State University
B.S., Physics Education (1999), Hacettepe University, Turkey
Assessment of undergraduate engineering student approaches to innovation and design decision-making processes.
Assessing informed design behaviors in pre-college.
Assessing design creativity and factors (e.g., how team argumentation processes) that support or hinder innovative design solutions.
Awards, Honors, Achievements, & Memberships
- Helen Plants Award for Best Non-Traditional Session, IEEE Education Society/IEEE Computer Society/ASEE ERM Division (along with Jonathan Hilpert) (October 2012)
- NSF CAREER Award, National Science Foundation (January 2012)
- College of Engineering Faculty Team Excellence Award, awarded to INSPIRE by Purdue College of Engineering (April 2011).
- NAE/CASEE New Faculty Fellow, awarded by Frontiers in Education Conference in Arlington, VA (October 2010)
- NETI Fellow. 2009 National Effective Teaching Institute (NETI) fellow.
- Top 4, Best of Design in Engineering Education, American Society for Engineering Education, June 2008
- Dean's Excellence Award, Mary Lou Fulton College of Education, May 2007
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), Member
- National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST), Member