701 WEST STADIUM AVENUE
WEST LAFAYETTE, IN 47907-2045
Awards, Honors, Achievements, & Memberships
- Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator of over $11.6 million in NSF-sponsored research
- Teaching Academy, Purdue University, to be inducted Fall 2012.
- Fellow grade recognition, American Society for Engineering Education, June 2012.
- Distinguished Service Award, Educational and Research Methods division of the American Society for Engineering Education, June 2012.
- William Elgin Wickenden Award (recognizing best paper in Journal of Engineering Education in 2011), American Society for Engineering Education, June 2012.
- Best Teacher Award, School of Engineering Education, Purdue University, Spring 2012.
- Best Symposium in Management Education and Development (recognizing the symposium at the Academy of Management Conference that offers the most significant contribution to advance management education and development), 2011.
- IEEE Senior Member, elevated December 2009.
- Premier Award for Excellence in Engineering Education Courseware, awarded by Engineering Pathways / NEEDS, awarded at the Frontiers in Education 2009, October 20, 2009.
- Helen Plants Award for the best non-traditional session at the 2008 Frontiers in Education Conference, October 20, 2009.
- William Elgin Wickenden Award (recognizing best paper in Journal of Engineering Education in 2008), American Society for Engineering Education, June 2009.
- Best Teacher Award, Department of Engineering Education, Purdue University, Spring 2008.
- Best Teacher Award, Department of Engineering Education, Purdue University, Spring 2007.
- Byar's Prize for Excellence in Teaching, College of Engineering and Science, Clemson University, 2006
- FIE Benjamin J. Dasher Award for Best Paper of the Frontiers in Education Conference, 2004
- Best Paper, American Society for Engineering Education (one of five), 2003
- National Science Foundation Postdoctoral Fellow in Science, Math, Engineering, and Technology Education, 1998-2000
- Competent Toastmaster Award, Toastmasters International, 1997
- National 4-H Presidential Award, 1986
- Tau Beta Pi, the engineering honor society, Facilitator since 1996, President 2002-2006, District Director 2008-2011, Chief Advisor at Purdue since 2007.
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- Alpha Sigma Mu Materials Engineering Honor Society
- American Society of Engineering Education, Educational Research and Methods Division Chair 2009-2011, Frontiers in Education Program Chair 2008.
- IEEE Education Society, Transactions on Learning Technologies Steering Committee Chair 2008-2011, Transactions on Education Associate Editor since 2011, Board of Governors 2007-2013
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers