ENE Memo: September 17, 2012
- Sept 20 - ENE Research Seminar, ARMS BO71, 3:30pm
- Sept 23-24 - Big Ten Grad School Expo
- Sept 28 - Inaugural ENE First Year Friday (A celebration of FYE)
- Sept 27-29 - Alumni Weekend
- Sept 29 - Family Day (ENE Booth promoting FYE, MDE and IDES)
- Oct 1 - Open Forum with President-elect Daniels, Loeb Playhouse 2:15-3:30pm
- Oct 3-6 - FIE Seattle
- Oct 12-14 - Homecoming Weekend (ENE Booth and i2i Learning Lab Tours)
- Oct 21-22 - INSPIRE Dinner and Board meeting
- Oct 24-25 - PhD Open House
- Nov 1 - 2nd Annual ENE Interdisciplinary Colloquium - "Where did I leave my chariot?"
- Nov 2 - Engineering Education Industrial Advisory Council (E2IAC) - Theme: Research
- Feb 20 - Engineering Education Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Feb 18-22 - National Engineers Week
- April 8-9 - Engineering Education Industrial Advisory Council (E2IAC) - Theme: ENE's Second Decade
News and Information: 9/17
Carlene Quirk Is ENE Captain for United Way Drive
She writes: "As you may have noted, the Purdue United Way campaign 2013 had their kick-off this week and I am the captain for ENE. The United Way improves our community by focusing on education, income and health and what better way for us to support our community at the base level than to contribute. As acting captain for Engineering Education, I will be distributing this afternoon or early next week, your pledge cards. This is a way of making sure everyone has been 'touched.' Whether or not you pledge any amount, I would like you to turn in your cards in the envelope provided at the FYE advisors reception desk, where I spend most of my time. The first people to turn their cards in will receive a United Way poster and be entered into a drawing. Yes, I said drawing. More on that to follow."
A Word from ENEGSA: Cross-Cohort Mixer
Hello, ENE students! This week, following seminar, there will be a Cross-Cohort Mixer at the West Lafayette 9 Irish Brothers. The GSA provides the appetizers - you provide the mixing! This is a time for you to relax, socialize, and network with your fellow students. Come meet a new friend and catch up with folks you haven't seen lately. Please contact Dana (email@example.com) if you are in need of transportation or can offer rides to/from.
Purdue Conference for Pre-Tenure Women, Sept 24-25
The Purdue Conference for Pre-Tenure Women, launched in 2010, helps women identify strategies and goals towards tenure and realize their potential in careers in higher education. It also provides opportunities for women faculty to develop strong leadership skills. The target audience for participation in the Conference is post-doctoral / pre-tenure women from all disciplines.
Open Forum with President-Elect Daniels for Engineering, Oct 1
An Open Forum with Purdue President-elect Daniels for faculty and staff in the Colleges of Engineering and Science will take place on October 1 from 2:15-3:30 pm in Loeb Playhouse. More details will be available nearer the time of the visit.
Innovation Express Newsletter