ENE Memo: October 1, 2012
- Oct 1 - Open Forum with President-elect Daniels, Loeb Playhouse 2:15-3:30pm
- Oct 3-6 - FIE Seattle
- Oct 12-14 - Homecoming Weekend (ENE Booth and i2i Learning Lab Tours)
- Oct 21-22 - INSPIRE Dinner and Board meeting
- Oct 24-25 - PhD Open House
- Nov 1 - 2nd Annual ENE Interdisciplinary Colloquium - "Where did I leave my chariot?"
- Nov 2 - Engineering Education Industrial Advisory Council (E2IAC) - Theme: Preparing for Strategic Growth
- Feb 20 - Engineering Education Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Feb 18-22 - National Engineers Week
- April 8-9 - Engineering Education Industrial Advisory Council (E2IAC) - Theme: ENE's Second Decade
Thanks to all who planned and participated in our Alumni Weekend activities: the *First-Year Engineering Experience* this past Friday, and *Family Day* on Saturday, when we had lots of parents and students stopping by to chat with us at the Engineering Tent and visit the i2i Learning Lab.
News and Information: 10/1
United Way Update
...from Carlene Quirk: For those of you who have turned in your envelopes, thank you. I hope you have found a nice place for your poster. For those of you who haven’t turned your envelopes in yet, there are still posters at the reception desk, so this is a friendly reminder to get your United Way envelopes turned back in regardless of whether or not you donate anything, as an envelope with a “0” on it is still an envelope turned in. I will still have a poster for you. Also, I will still put your name in for the drawing that will be held the first week in November. Stay tuned for more campus events to support the United Way.
No Research Seminar This Week
Many of our faculty, graduate students and other researchers will be attending one of the major research conferences for this community, Frontiers of Engineering (FiE) in Seattle.