ENE Memo: February 27, 2012
News and Information: 2/27
THIS WEEK'S ENE SEMINAR:
"Why Doesn't Knowing Change Anything? The Role of Research in Educational Change"
Dr. Elaine Seymour, University of Colorado
2/16/12 • 3:30pm • Forney Hall, G124
Marketing and Media is accepting nominations for May's "5 Students Who are Trail Makers." We are shining the spotlight on graduating student leaders who are ready to make their mark on the world. Faculty and staff are encouraged to nominate students they consider Trail Makers. Deadline for nominations is March 2.
Candidates should have demonstrated exceptional leadership while at Purdue – either on campus or in their community. Maybe they were involved in student government, created a new student organization or were a member of the President’s Leadership Class. If you know a student graduating in May who is a born leader, please nominate them as a Trail Maker!
A nomination form for "Trail Maker" candidates is at http://marketing.purdue.edu/5students. Providing detailed information on the student and specific examples of leadership will increase the chance of selection. For questions, contact Tammy Weaver-Stoike at email@example.com or Emily Blue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thurs, Mar. 1: ENE seminar: Dr. Elaine Seymour (University of Colorado): "Why Doesn't Knowing Change Anything? The Role of Research in Educational Change"
- Mon-Fri, Mar. 12-16: SPRING BREAK
- Thurs, April 5: ENE seminar: "Online Learning Interaction: Perceptions of Experienced Online Instructors"
- Mon/Tues, April 23-24: ENE Industrial Advisory Council (including Graduate Poster display)
- Thurs/Sat, April 26-28: 2nd P-12 Engineering and Design Education Research
...to Matt Ohland on his participation in the panel "Connecting Education and Research on Retention in Engineering" at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Reporting from the meeting, the Chronicle of Higher Education quoted Matt in its story "Re-Engineering Engineering Education to Retain Students."