ENE Memo: December 17, 2012
- Dec 18: Grades Due
- Dec 18: ENE PITCH-IN all day long!
- Dec 20: Farewell for P.K. Imbrie and Teri Reed-Rhoads: i2i Learning Lab (ARMS B098) @ 2-3pm
- Jan 7: Classes commence
- Jan 10: ENE Research Seminar commences (3:30-4:20)
- Jan 16: Faculty Meeting (8:30-9:20)
- Feb 13: Faculty Meeting (8:30-9:20)
- Feb 17-23: National Engineers Week
- Feb 20: Engineering Education Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Mar 5: Distinguished Speaker Series - Professor Jim Duderstadt
- Mar 6: Faculty Meeting (8:30-9:20)
- Mar 26: Distinguished Speaker Series - Professor Dan Mote
- Mar 27: Faculty Meeting (8:30-9:20)
- April 5: Faculty Excellence Awards
- April 8-9: Engineering Education Industrial Advisory Council (E2IAC) - Theme: ENE's Second Decade
- April 10: Distinguished Speaker Series - Norm Augustine
- April 24: Faculty Meeting (8:30-9:20)
- May 8-9: ENE Advance (9-4) - ENE's Second Decade
- TBD: ABET Site Visit (Mon + Tues; most likely in Oct or Nov)
...to Kacey Beddoes, Alice Pawley, and Dina Banerjee on receiving the best paper award at the 2012 Australasian Association of Engineering Education Conference for "Gendered Facets of Faculty Careers and Challenges to Engineering Education as an Inclusive Profession."
News and Information: 12/17
Grades Due Tuesday
Grades are due Tuesday, Dec 18, by 5pm. Thanks to all who have worked so hard throughout the semester to support the learning of our students in the FYE, MDE/IDES and PhD programs.
Advising Staff to Begin Audits
Our advising staff will be hard at work Dec 19-21 and 26-28 auditing FYE student records. Best wishes to our advisors for smooth sailing during this period.
Distinguished Speaker Series
A third "thought leader" has been announced as part of the Distinguished Speaker Series this spring - Professor Dan Mote - incoming President of the National Academy of Engineering. He will be on campus on March 26 to contribute to the ongoing conversation about engineering and education futures as part of the Strategic Growth Initiative in engineering.