ENE Memo: August 5, 2013
From the Head: 8/5
Back to basics
- Aug 13: ENE Faculty Advance
- Aug 14: BGR lunch
- Aug 14-16: ENE PhD orientation
- Aug 19: Classes Begin
- Sept 28: Homecoming & Family Weekend Celebrating 60 Years of FYE at Purdue
- Oct 20-22: ABET Site Visit
- Oct 21-25: Green Week at Purdue (Think! No Impact)
- Nov 8: Engineering Education Industrial Advisory Council (E2IAC)
- Nov 9: ENE Friends at the Football
- Nov 14: Interdisciplinary Engineering Colloquium Celebrating 50 Years of Interdisciplinary Scholarship in Education Education at Purdue
- Feb 19: ENE Outstanding Alumni Awards Celebrating 45 Years of Interdisciplinary Engineering Education
- April 9: ENE Turns 10: Celebrating a Decade of ENE / Open House and Research Exhibition
- June 14: ENE Alums & Friends Reception, IndianapolisInterdisciplinary Engineering Education
- June 15-18: ASEE Conference, Indianapolis Engineering Education Futures
...to Monica Cox on joining the editorial board of College Teaching as a consulting editor.
...to Alice Pawley on being named the recipient of the 2013 ABIE Denice Denton Emerging Leader Award by the Anita Borg Institute. She is recognized for helping engineering and computing develop as a more socially just profession in a global context, including making it more welcoming to diverse populations.
...to Dan Ferguson on successfully defending his dissertation. After Dan completes revising and depositing his dissertation, he will continue in a postdoctoral capacity as a Co-PI on the NSF project “Collaborative Research: Identifying and Assessing Key Factors of Engineering Innovativeness,” with Senay Purzer (Purdue PI), Kathryn Jablokow (PSU Great Valley PI), and Matt Ohland (Purdue Co-PI).
...to Joe Lin on successfully defending his dissertation.
...to Junqiu Wang on successfully defending his dissertation.
News and Information: 8/5
Graduate Faculty Mentoring Workshop
An added option for faculty who need to attend a workshop for mentoring grad students is Monday, October 21, 2013, 9:00 – 11:00 AM in STEW 320. Faculty who need to register for this date should e-mail Casey Hollingsworth, assistant to the dean, Purdue University Graduate School, firstname.lastname@example.org.