ENEGSA/ASEE Corn Maze Outing
|Event Date:||September 10, 2011|
|Time:||3:00 p.m. (leave from Visitors Center on Northwestern)
|Contact Name:||Brianna Dorie
The ENEGSA (Graduate Student Association) and ASEE (American Society for Engineering Education) will be going to the Exploration Acres corn maze. Yay! There are hay rides, a pumpkin patch, country store, and we will have a fire pit for smores and all that good stuff. RSVP BY THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, BEFORE SEMINAR!!!!!
Date: Saturday, September 10
Time: 3:00 p.m.: Depart from the Visitors Center Parking Garage on Northwestern Ave. We are estimating that we will leave the corn maze no later than 8:00 p.m. to return home.
Cost: The cost is $7 for adults (we have coupons that reduce the $9 fee listed on the website), $6 for children 6 -12 yrs, and children 5 years and under are FREE.
Facts: This is a family-friendly event, so bring the children, your spouse, and whoever else you would like to bring. Please check out the website at http://www.explorationacres.com/.
1. Bug spray, if you hate mosquitoes (like moi).
2. Light jacket, if it gets colder in the evening.
3. An umbrella (it wards off rain; if you bring it, it won't rain)
4. Stroller, in case the children get a little tired (not sure if they do, though)
5. Comfortable shoes
6. Camera, if you would like to share some pics with GSA/ASEE
Please email Briana Dorie, email@example.com, the GSA/ASEE liaison, by THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, BEFORE SEMINAR with this information:
1. If you would like to attend
2. How many people you are bringing
3. If you need a ride
4. If you will driving, and the number of vacant seats in your vehicle you are willing to offer.
Exploration Acres is located roughly 13 miles south (about 25 minute drive).
Rain check: A rain check date and time are TBA.
Remember that these events are success because YOU attend and add to the fun (like orientation week!).