Professor of Agricultural Engineering, Food Science, and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Iowa State University, 1988
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1977
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1976
products. Current research projects involve developing lipid-based biofuels and chemicals, bio-based super adhesives, bio-based concrete sealants, and novel DNA-protein bioconjugates.
- Allen, D. K and B. Y. Tao, Kinetic Characterization of Enhanced Lipid Activity on Oil Bodies, Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering, 30(4) 2007 271-279.
Kim, Hyun, S. Y. Kim, N. S. Han, and B. Y. Tao, Solubilization Conditions for
- Hydrophobic Membrane Protein, Oleosin, in Soybeans, Biotechnol. Bioprocess Eng. 12 (5) 2007 542-547.
- Coates, K. C., S. Mohtar, B. Y. Tao, and Weiss, J., Can Soy Methyl Esters Reduce Fluid Transport and Improve Durability of Concrete, J. Transportation Research Board, 2113, 2009, 22-30.