P Suresh Rao
Lee A. Rieth Distinguished Professorship in Environmental Engineering, Professor of Civil Engineering and Agronomy, Professor of Environmental and Ecological Engineering
+1 765 418-8947
Personal Web Sitehttp://engineering.purdue.edu/~pscr/
- Ph.D., University of Hawaii, 1974
- M.S., Colorado State University, 1970
- B.S., Agriculture University, India, 1967
Dr. Rao's current research and educational interests are focused on two themes: multi-scale modeling and analysis of landscape hydrologic and biogeochemical process linkages across human-impact gradients, including intensively managed croplands, urban catchments, and wetlandscapes; and resilience-based analysis of coupled natural and engineered complex systems, including food-bioenergy-water sustainability issues. His past projects have involved development and use of models for water and chemical dynamics in soil and groundwater systems.
- Basu, N., G. Destouni, J. W. Jawitz, S. E. Thompson, N. V. Loukinova, A. Darracq, S. Zanardo, M. Yaeger, M. Sivapalan, A. Rinaldo, and P. S. C. Rao (2010), Nutrient loads exported from managed catchments reveal emergent biogeochemical stationarity, Geophysical Research Letters, 37, L23404.
- Harman, C. J., P. S. C. Rao, N. B. Basu, G. S. McGrath, P. Kumar, and M. Sivapalan (2011), Climate, soil, and vegetation controls on the temporal variability of vadose zone transport, Water Resources Research, 47, W00J13.
- Thompson, S. E., C. J. Harman, R. Schumer, J. S. Wilson, N. B. Basu, P. D. Brooks, S. D. Donner, M. A. Hassan, A. I. Packman, P. S. C. Rao, P. A. Troch, and M. Sivapalan (2011), Patterns, puzzles and people: implementing hydrologic synthesis, Hydrological Processes, 25(20), 3256-3266.
Awards and Honors