Donald W Feddersen Professor Of Mechanical Engineering, Professor of Environmental and Ecological Engineering
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, 1991
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, 1987
- B.S. IIT, Madras, Mechanical Engineering, 1985
Dr. Ramani's research lies at the intersection of mechanical engineering and information science and technology. His research areas encompass design and manufacturing, machine learning, geometric computing, and human-computer natural user interaction and interfaces. A major area of emphasis in his group is computer support for early design, shape representations for search, sketch-based design, cyber-learning for design education, and sustainable design.
- Devanathan S, Ramanujan D, Bernstein WZ, Zhao F, Ramani K, 2010, "Integration of Sustainability into Early Design through the Function Impact Matrix," Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 132, No. 8, 081004 (8 pp).
- Ramani K, Ramanujan D, Bernstein WZ, Zhao F, Sutherland J, Handwerker C, Choi JK, Kim H, Thurston D, 2010, "Integrated Sustainable Life Cycle Design: A Review," Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 132, No. 9, 091004 (15 pp).
- Bernstein WZ, Ramanujan D, Zhao F, Cox MF, Ramani, K, 2012, "Teaching Design for Environment through Critique within a Project-Based Product Design Course," International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 1-12.