EEE Related Jobs
Internship or Part Time Job Opportunities
Broadening your experience is an important step for any student in EEE, and gaining that experience through summer internships or full time employment can be one of the best avenues. There are many ways here at Purdue to ‘Link to Opportunities for Work Experience’, such as the Office of Professional Practice or the Center for Career Opportunities (CCO). On occasion, companies or professional organizations will contact EEE direct with information concerning work opportunities. This information is listed below as it is received. Check this site frequently as changes may occur often, especially during peak hiring seasons. In most instances, a contact person and/or organization website is listed. If given, the application deadline will be noted.
Investigate job opportunities via the links below, and to the side under ‘Link to Opportunities for Work Experience’.
Position: Water Engineering Internship
Location: Boise, ID
About the Company: For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as a best place to work in the U.S.
Job Description: The challenge? Our Boise, Idaho office is seeking an intern for Summer 2015. The selected candidate will assist project managers and engineers with a variety of project tasks.
Our Water Engineering Interns: Take wastewater sampling, laboratory analysis, and reporting; Assist the startup and operations of biological nutrient removal wastewater treatment plants; and Work directly on our client site.
You should be a self-motivated professional in your junior year, or higher, in college and pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is preferred. Experience in BioWin or equivalent is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication, decision-making, problem resolution, and a sense of initiative are important for the position. You should have a team-oriented attitude as well as a desire to grow personally and professionally with this internship opportunity.
Basic Qualifications :
- Student is enrolled in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar degree from an ABET accredited University
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of BioWin software or equivalent.
- Ability to climb ladders, lift and carry loads.
- Will be located at active municipal wastewater treatment plant. Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Will be located at an active construction site. Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Must have driver’s license and available transportation. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Graduate student in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar degree with an emphasis in wastewater treatment from an ABET accredited university
- Strong in technical writing and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience working in multi-discipline teams to achieve results
More Information on the company and to apply: http://www.ch2m.com/corporate/
Date Posted to this site - 2/20/2015
Position: Manufacturing-EH&S Summer Internship
Location: Nobelsville, IN
General Job Description/Primary Responsibilities:
- This role will be help with reducing risks identified in the job safety analysis and ergonomic analysis.
- Will do engineering calculations to identify actual manufacturing waste streams and emissions.
- Will identify, implement, and track Pollution Prevention projects
- Assist with improving Indoor Air Quality and reducing employee exposures identified in the Industrial Hygiene analysis.
- Assist with EH&S projects as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- College Sophomore pursuing a degree in Environmental science, engineering, or equivalent
- Experience working in manufacturing environment preferred
- Education or experience in occupational safety or environmental engineering preferred
Full time summer internship – hours are 8 am - 4:30 pm, 5 days per week.
More Information on company: Established in 1977 to serve the life science industry, Helmer is a manufacturer and worldwide distributor of high quality laboratory equipment and refrigerated product. Our headquarters are located in Noblesville, Indiana, where we exclusively manufacture Helmer Refrigerators, Freezers, Platelet Storage, and Plasma Thawing Systems. Our products are available direct in the U.S. and Canada, as well as through international distributors worldwide.
Our purpose and values form the foundation of our company. We are passionate about serving our customers in their efforts to improve and save human lives, providing opportunities for personal growth and development for our people, and positively impacting the world community.
To apply: Go to http://www.helmerinc.com/company/careers/index and click "open positions" button. Apply for the "environmental and safety intern" position.
Date Posted to this site - 2/13/2015
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Description: The environmental group of Northrop Grumman is looking for a environmental engineer intern. There is a high possibility that the internship position will become a full time position upon graduation.
To apply: Email your resume to Jerry Andis, Environmental Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Although not required, we suggest you highlight your experiences in comparison to Northrup Grummon's environmental group in the email.
Company Website: Northrop Grumman Environmental
Date Posted to this site - 2/9/2015
NASA Johnson Space Center
Details: Johnson Space Center (JSC) is participating in the OPP Career Fair on February 17th, 10am-3pm in the PMU North Ballroom. JSC will have two recruiters in attendance - Kristen Breitenbach and Steve Riley, but note that JSC will not be doing interviews on February 18th or 19th but rather working thru the USA Jobs site. This spring JSC is piloting the use of USAJobs to accept applications for the JSC Pathways opportunities. They anticipate the application window to only be open from February 11-18, and will have USAJobs-specific application information on hand at the fair.
Pathways interviews will be conducted in the late February/early March timeframe, and students must apply through USAJobs in order to be considered for a Pathways opportunity. If you are interested in interning at JSC, please visit with JSC recruiters so they can share specific information on how to apply for a fall position.
To apply: The USAJobs link is https://www.usajobs.gov/StudentsAndGrads
Date posted to this site: 2/5/2014
Indiana Department of Environmental Management
Position: 2015 Governor’s Public Service Summer Internship (multiple)
Details: The Department of Environmental Management is participating in and now accepting application for the 2015 Governor’s Public Service Summer Internship program. This program provides interns the opportunity to work with state agency officials, as well as participate in a Speakers Series which features various elected officials, state agency directors and other government representatives. Governor’s Summer Interns will spend at least 50 percent of their time on a predetermined project that enhances college-level skills and abilities.
- 594432 IDEM Office of Water Quality Watershed Assessment & Planning Branch (5 positions)
- 594434 IDEM Office of Water Quality - Ground Water (2 positions)
- 594437 IDEM Office of Water Quality - Wetlands and Storm Water (2 positions)
- 594438 IDEM Office of Air Quality - Permit Review (2 positions)
- 594439 IDEM Office of Compliance Support – CTAP
- 594440 IDEM Office of Air Quality - Compliance and Enforcement Branch
- 594441 IDEM Office of the Chief of Staff - Finance Division
- 594442 IDEM Office of Land Quality - GIS Services
- 594443 IDEM Office of Land Quality - Underground Storage Tanks - Abandoned Sites
- 594444 IDEM Office of Land Quality - Underground Storage Tanks – POS Sites
- 594445 IDEM Office of Land Quality – Leaking Underground Storage Tanks
- 594449 IDEM Office of Land Quality – Remediation Services – Dry Cleaner Research
- 594451 IDEM Office of Land Quality – Permits Branch - Research
- 594455 IDEM Office of Land Quality - Confined Feeding Permits Section
- 594458 IDEM Office of Land Quality - Underground Storage Tanks - NF-FR
Date Posted to this site - 1/30/2015
Chicago Metro Chapter of the American Public Works Association
Position: Multiple internships
Location: Iowa and Illinois
- water/wastewater engineering
- environmental engineering
- and more
For more details and to apply: Visit the website at http://chicago.apwa.net/MenuHomepage/342/Jobs-Jobs
Date Posted to this site - 1/30/2015
Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Policy and Systems Analysis (EPSA)
Position: Internship Program
Location: Washington DC
Description: The Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Policy and Systems Analysis (EPSA) is now accepting applications for its Internship Program. Over 10 weeks, interns will be working with policymakers in one of EPSA’s offices, making meaningful contributions to research, analysis and day to day office administration. This program provides a unique opportunity to learn about energy policy at the national level, and build research and analytical skills.
The Director of EPSA serves as the principal policy advisor to the Secretary of Energy on energy issues and related integration of energy systems. EPSA is a focal point for policy coordination within the Department on the formulation, analysis, and implementation of energy policy. It also coordinates related programmatic options and initiatives that facilitate the transition to a clean and secure energy economy.
EPSA covers a number of areas in energy policy, including:
- Climate, Environment, and Energy Efficiency
- Energy Security
- Energy Systems and Integration
- Water-Energy Nexus
- Critical Materials
- Energy Finance, Incentives and Program Review
- State, Local and Tribal Cooperation
- The Quadrennial Energy Review
- Demonstrate an interest in energy policy, public policy, or a related field
Possess the following skills:
- Strong research and analytical skills,
- Quantitative reasoning skills,
- Detail oriented, and
- Ability to communicate effectively via email and in person.
- Be available to intern at our office for at least 10 weeks for the given semester (summer, fall, or spring)
- Be a third or fourth year undergraduate student, a graduate student, or have graduated from either undergraduate or graduate school in the 24 months prior to the start of the internship.
- Be a U.S. citizen
Through the EPSA Internship you can earn either a stipend or academic credit. Please ask for more details if you are selected for an interview.
For more information and to apply: See http://energy.gov/epsa/epsa-internship-program The deadline for the summer semester is March 31st, 2015 11:59PM. Fall and spring internships are also available. For more information email EPSAinternship@hq.doe.gov .
Date Posted to this site - 1/9/2015
American Water Works Association (AWWA)
Location: Washington DC
Description: The American Water Works Association (AWWA) is Dedicated to the World’s Most Important Resource™. It provides knowledge, information and advocacy to improve the quality and supply of water in North America and beyond. AWWA advances public health, safety and welfare by uniting efforts of the full spectrum of the water community. AWWA maintains a Government Affairs Office in Washington, DC, within short subway rides of Capitol Hill and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and a brief walk to the White House. Those three entities (Congress, the EPA, and other executive branch agencies) are the focus of most of AWWA’s governmental affairs efforts. Staff closely coordinate their many activities through the Water Utility Council (WUC) to develop action programs to initiate, evaluate, respond and comment within the framework of Association policy, on legislative, regulatory, and other matters which directly affect water utilities.
Note: Wages/salary will be dependent upon qualifications of selected applicant.
To apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and a short paragraph that explains why you wish to take part in this internship to Alan Roberson at email@example.com . Resumes without the other requested information will not be considered. AWWA staff will review all candidate materials and select a student for this internship. The deadline to apply is 5:00PM EST March 6, 2015.
Date Posted to this site - 1/9/2015
Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP) Undergraduate Summer Research and Internships
Description: IBP's mission is to increase diversity in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) workforce. There are over 800 programs in the IBP database of paid summer 2015 undergraduate research opportunities. See http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/undergrads.aspx for more information. To look specifically at NASA-supported internships, fellowships, and scholarships please see http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/nasa.aspx . For research opportunities specific to engineering please see http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/engineering.aspx .There is also a section of the website dedicated to helping you with the application process (http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/toolbox.aspx). Deadlines for application submission vary please refer to the websites given above for more information.
Date Posted to this site - 11/26/2014
National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs)
Locations: Multiple--domestic and international
Description: The programs are sponsored by the National Science Foundation, and are hosted in various universities. The programs are sponsored by the National Science Foundation, and are hosted in various universities. They are among the most prestigious summer programs that an undergraduate can participate in. Individual REUs tend to be specialized in a particular field of science. There are REUs in many scientific fields such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, geology, biology, psychology, and computer science. REU sites typically consist of ten undergraduates working in the research program of the host institution. Program participants must be U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or permanent residents of the United States, per NSF requirements, to receive funding. However, some REU sites accept "self-funder" international students. The NSF REU program is competitive and is recommended for students considering to further their academic endeavors (i.e. graduate school). Applications are typically due between February and March.
Date Posted to this site - 11/13/2014
Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County
Position: Civil/Environmental Engineering Student Employee (approximately 15 positions)
Date Posted to this site - 11/7/2014
Black and Veatch
Position: Civil/Environmental intern
Location: Indianapolis, IN; Phoenix, AZ; Denver, CO; Kansas City, MO; Lake Oswego, OR; Dallas, TX; Charleston, SC
More information about the company: Our employee-owned company has more than 100 offices worldwide and is among the Forbes "500 Largest Private Companies in the United States." We have been ranked by Engineering News-Record as the industry’s No. 1 design firm in both Power and Telecommunications and are consistently in the Top 10 in Water. We’re also leaders in more than 20 categories among design firms, contractors and environmental companies worldwide.
Company website: http://bv.com/
To apply: Go to: http://www.engineeringmastersfunding.org/EMastersFunding/sponsoringfirms.asp Click on "Black and Veatch" link. Search for specific job and apply to the requisition numbers given. The requisition numbers are 20037BR or 20038BR for Civil/Environmental Intern.
Date Posted to this site - 11/6/2014
These jobs are currently listed through Purdue's Center for Career Opportunities.