[vip-help] Image Segmentation Algorithms

Huang, Joseph Jun-Sheng jjhuang at purdue.edu
Sat Feb 3 18:32:53 EST 2024

Hi,

The resistor team is working on getting the colors of the bands in a resistor. We are trying to segment out the individual bands in the resistor using a non-machine learning approach but are a bit stuck on what algorithms could be used. We have tried k-means clustering, roi filtering, and a salt and pepper filter with no sucess. Please let us know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Resistor Team