[vip-help] VIP - L18 Difficulty choosing a direction in project

Alessandra Rice rice241 at purdue.edu
Mon Aug 26 20:02:04 EDT 2024

Dear Professors,

My team and I have come up with three different possible projects, but we are stuck on which route to take, and we would like your input on which one you would prefer.

The first option is to build a model based around detecting cracks in civil infrastructure.

The second is to take on the 3D food reconstruction idea from the project list and attempt to further the work previous teams have done.

Finally, we are considering trying to make a system for matching lost and found items where users would upload pictures of lost and found items and our model would try to match them.

Any input you may have would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Allie Rice