[vip-help] Connect App to sever

Han, Yue han380 at purdue.edu
Mon Oct 2 15:57:33 EDT 2023

Hi Selina,

We usually use the php to communicate between the server and the phone.

You can refer to the previous semester students’ code:
The android code:
https://buddy-boy4.ecn.purdue.edu:3000/VIP-APPS/PlantRecognition_S23/src/master/Plant_Identification_FinalUI/app/src/main/java/com/example/plant_identification/camera.java
You can pay attention to the line 49 and line 50, and trace these URL to see how the app is sending request to the server

For the php code on server, you can refer to the folder here:
https://buddy-boy4.ecn.purdue.edu:3000/VIP-APPS/PlantRecognition_S23/src/master/Server%20Integration%20Sample%20Files

Besides php, there are many packages that can handle the https communication between app and server. Some of them are easy to use, however we probably will provide limited amount of help on those packages if you meet problems.

Feel free to email us if you have more questions.
Best,
*****
Yue Han
Ph.D. Candidate
Research Assistant
Video and Image Processing Laboratory (VIPER)
465 Northwestern Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2035
U.S.A.
Telephone: +1 765 637 3729