msepostdoc-list Forwarding on Behalf of D. Bahr and MSEGSA - Please Read

Stacey, Lisa A staceyl at purdue.edu
Wed Mar 24 21:07:58 EDT 2021

Forwarding on behalf of Prof. David Bahr and MSEGSA:
Sincerely,

Lisa Stacey
Administrative Assistant to the Department Head
School of Materials Engineering
Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering
o: 765-494-4095   f: 765-494-1204
[3749DD84]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.purdue.edu_-3Futm-5Fsource-3Dsignature-26utm-5Fmedium-3Demail-26utm-5Fcampaign-3Dpurdue&d=DwMFAg&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=cYZgnbkB39R9SYPCvL_MkXuih1H-IjjKyRBtQtQ6ib8&m=H5ec4nXIY6Mt-FgrmXhcB1ClcZZRWvtSm3BzPca31UE&s=ra1N_tE4A3L7IxFqllrao41XR8k0ynZZYRxh3KMpTwY&e=>
________________________________

On behalf of the MSEGSA, please see the note below regarding their message of support and available services for those in, or allies of, the Asian American community.  I join them in calling for all members of MSE to continue to strive to be an inclusive and supportive community for our students, staff, and faculty.
David Bahr - Head, School of Materials Engineering
------

We, the students of Purdue Materials Science and Engineering Graduate Student Association (MSEGSA), stand in solidarity with Asian American communities at Purdue as well as across the world to condemn anti-Asian racism, in particular the recent Atlanta shootings. We reject all forms of anti-Asian racism and offer our deepest condolences to the victims and the families of those affected by hate, intimidation, threats, and violence. The COVID-19 pandemic has created a uniquely difficult impact on Asian-American communities across the world. The rise of anti-Asian bias has become more common now more than ever before. There is great pain in our nation, reigniting longstanding racism and bringing it to the fore. Anti-Asian racism is connected to the broader system of white supremacy that benefits from the division of communities. We must continue to work together and find cooperative solutions in which to provide equity for all.

The Asian community at Purdue is reflected in our highly diverse student body and we stand in allyship, community, solidarity, and in the struggle to achieve justice and equality for them and Asian communities everywhere.
The following resources are available for those who might need them. Mental health is important during these times and all those who are in need of someone to talk to are encouraged to reach out.
Asian American and Asian Resource and Cultural Center (https://www.purdue.edu/aaarcc/connect/contact-us.php)
Counseling and Psychological Services (https://www.purdue.edu/caps/contact/contact_us.html)
Latino Cultural Center (https://www.purdue.edu/lcc/about/contact.php)
Black Cultural Center (https://www.purdue.edu/bcc/index.php)

Brenden Hamilton - President, MSE Graduate Student Association
Robynne Paldi - Chair for Diversity and Inclusion, MSE Graduate Student Association