msepostdoc-list ARMS 2132 Fume Hood

Jennifer Louise Fifer fiferj at purdue.edu
Mon Jul 26 12:11:44 EDT 2021

Hi All,

The fume hood in ARMS 2132 (Polishing Lab) is currently shut down due to a flooding incident. Facilities, REM, and MSE staff will be working to get the issue fixed ASAP. However, it is unlikely that we will have the wash function/drain corrected this week due the extent of the problem.

With that said, ARMS 2138 will be open to polishing lab users starting tomorrow morning for fume hood use. Please note that this fume hood is not rated for HF or Perchloric acid use.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me.

Stay Safe,

Jenni Fifer
Safety & Mechanical Testing Lab Technician
Materials Science & Engineering
Purdue University
Phone: 765-494-9718
Email: fiferj at purdue.edu