msepostdoc-list 2021-2022 Updated Safety Training

Jennifer Louise Fifer fiferj at purdue.edu
Mon Aug 16 15:00:50 EDT 2021

Hello MSE Students and Researchers,

For those of you returning to campus this week, welcome back! I hope everyone had a great summer!

After input from faculty, MSE students, and other materials lab stakeholders, we have launched an improved version of our MSE Specific Safety. I am sure all of you are super excited about this. This safety training is designed to be more efficient than our last version and now includes a voice-over to help guide you through the slides. All of you will need to complete this safety training by September 23, 2021 or before you request access to ARMS, MSEE, and Kepner. New lab access requests will be denied unless this training is completed.

As always, this training is open to student and researcher input. If you have suggestions, please email mse-safety at purdue.edu<mailto:mse-safety at purdue.edu>. Please do not send the safety committee an email saying "This safety training is from hell." Send us an email with constructive feedback such as "This safety training is from hell because...x,y, and z. This is what I believe should change or be added."

Stay Safe,

Jenni Fifer
Safety & Mechanical Testing Lab Technician
Materials Science & Engineering
Purdue University
Phone: 765-494-9718
Email: fiferj at purdue.edu