msepostdoc-list Fw: help recruiting new faculty

Son, Rosemary E son39 at purdue.edu
Wed Oct 7 09:16:46 EDT 2020

Can you share this with MSE PhDs?

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Dean, Joshua T CPT" <joshua.dean at westpoint.edu<mailto:joshua.dean at westpoint.edu>>
Subject: FW: help recruiting new faculty
Date: October 2, 2020 at 12:25:18 PM EDT
To: "sson at purdue.edu<mailto:sson at purdue.edu>" <sson at purdue.edu<mailto:sson at purdue.edu>>

Dr. Son,

Could you push this information out through Purdue’s channels? Essentially, the Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering here at West Point is looking to expand their Center for Innovation and Engineering (CIE) faculty. If anyone is interested, I could put them in touch with one of the civilian CIE faculty who recently joined the department for specific questions.

Hope all is well. I’ve only been teaching for two-ish months and am an advisor to only two capstone (senior) projects, but I certainly have a new appreciation for all of the work that goes on behind the scenes as an instructor/professor and advisor. It’s been a very steep learning curve. I wanted to take a moment to thank you again for the insight, lessons, and effort you put into my time at Purdue and as a part of your research group; it’s something I took for granted as a student.

Respectfully,

Joshua Dean
CPT, FA52
Instructor
Dept. of Civil and Mechanical Engineering
US Military Academy
O: 845-938-4607