msepostdoc-list Sample mount polishing on the belt grinders in ARMS 2136

Pauly, Darren A dpauly at purdue.edu
Tue Jan 28 16:08:02 EST 2020

Good afternoon,

We are starting to experience some problems with the belt grinders in ARMS 2136; this is due to things that are attached to sample mounts being polished.
Please remove ALL tape/paper/cotton/anything else from sample mounts prior to polishing on the belt grinders; the debris quickly clogs up the drain screen inside the coolant tank.
The clogged drain screens lead to other problems that can affect machine availability for scheduled labs, etc.
Let's help each other out by ensuring that only sample mounts (and the contained samples) are getting polished.
If you would like anymore information please feel free to contact me.  My office is ARMS 2200-1.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Darren Pauly
Laboratory Technician VIII