msepostdoc-list MSE Staffing Changes

Stacey, Lisa A staceyl at purdue.edu
Wed Jan 8 14:54:58 EST 2020

Forwarding on behalf of David Bahr, Materials Engineering Head and Professor:

________________________________

I am pleased to announce that Rosemary Son is our new Academic Graduate Advisor for the School of Materials Engineering.  Rosemary’s previous experience as administrative assistant/graduate coordinator, and additional cross-training with Vicki for academic advising promises a smooth transition as she assumes her new role.  Rosemary’s new office is conveniently located in the ARMS graduate office area, (ARMS 2217).

In addition, we welcome Cathy Noerenberg to Materials Engineering as our new Administrative Assistant, to be located at Rosemary’s former desk (ARMS 2200).  Cathy’s experience with Purdue working with Jan-Anders Mansson, at the Composite Manufacturing and Simulation Center, and previous graduate coordinating in Computer Graphics Technology, among other roles, make her a great asset to MSE.  Cathy’s first day with MSE is next Monday, January 13th.

Graduate students, as we move all the advising duties for grad students to Rosemary there will be a transition time until all the files are moved.  Please check with Rosemary first as you need information about forms and files, and there will be some overlap during the change-over.  By having two advisors for the school our UG and Grad advising can be smoother and more continuous as both Vicki and Rosemary can provide backup for each other.

Lisa Stacey
Administrative Assistant to the Department Head
Purdue University
School of Materials Engineering
Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering
765/494-4095