msepostdoc-list FW: Lafayette Regional Science and Engineering Fair Judges MARCH 13TH

Stacey, Lisa A staceyl at purdue.edu
Thu Feb 27 08:25:22 EST 2020

Forwarding on behalf of Gillian Barth and Cynthia Stauffacher, Biological Sciences:

(email confirmed as legitimate)

Lisa Stacey
Administrative Assistant to the Department Head
Purdue University
School of Materials Engineering
Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering
765/494-4095
staceyl at purdue.edu
[School of Materials Engineering_H-Full-RGB]

________________________________

Judges needed for the Lafayette Regional Science and Engineering
Fair- Friday 3/13/2020

Hello! Would you be willing to act as a judge at the 2020 Lafayette Regional Science and
Engineering Fair on Friday, March 13?

If you are receiving this message, it means you are eligible to volunteer as a judge
in the 2020 Lafayette Regional Science and Engineering Fair on March 13. This year, we have
over 600 young experimentalists (5-12 graders) eagerly awaiting a chance to share their
projects with "real scientists". The fair is only a few weeks away, so right now they are putting
the final touches on their posters and practicing their talks. We are always in need of many
judges to handle the large volume of students.

That's where you come in.
For those who may have done this in the past you remember how it was the first time you
judged- so many abstracts and projects to look at! Because of this, we need lots of help to give
these students a great science fair experience. Judging really is a lot of fun, and not terribly
difficult since the kids are high school age or younger. Please come out and help support this
event!

As always, a complimentary buffet dinner will precede judging in Stewart Center. You will
receive follow up instructions regarding exact times and locations, but typically dinner begins
around 4:30 pm and judging begins at 6 pm.
If you would like to judge this year, please fill out the following survey:
https://forms.gle/hdZuhA9tazZ8BL4a9

Feel free to email me at lrsciencefair2020 at gmail.com<mailto:lrsciencefair2020 at gmail.com> with any specific questions or concerns
not covered in the survey. Detailed instructions will go out closer to the time of the event. I hope
you can make it! We have a record number of projects again this year and need all the judges
we can get.

Best Regards,

Gillian Barth (lrsciencefair2020 at gmail.com<mailto:lrsciencefair2020 at gmail.com>)
2020 Judge Coordinator