msepostdoc-list FW: Carlos Gonzalez, Wed. May 1st, 1 pm MRGN 121 (DP), Purdue 150th Speaker

Stacey, Lisa A staceyl at purdue.edu
Mon Apr 29 14:11:47 EDT 2019

Forwarding on behalf of Kayla Burke, Discovery Park:

________________________________

Dear Colleagues,

Please join us on Wednesday, May 1 at 1:00 p.m. at the Burton D. Morgan Center, room 121 to hear a Discovery Park and Purdue Quantum Science Engineering Institute sponsored seminar speaker, Dr. Carlos Gonzalez present the talk entitled, Effective Integration of NIST Reference Data, Reference Materials, and Informatics in Support of Science and Technology.  Dr. Gonzalez is Chief of the Chemical Sciences Division, Material Measurements Laboratory at the National Institute of Standards and Technology.  Dr. Gonzalez was the founder of the NIST's Center for Theoretical and Computational Nanosciences, which he directed for three years.  Dr. Gonzalez has extensive experience in the development and implementation of modern ab initio quantum chemical methodologies and their application to a wide variety of chemical problems.

Dr. Gonzalez's seminar will be part of Purdue University<https://www.facebook.com/PurdueUniversity/>'s 150th anniversary events. Our anniversary theme is "Giant Leaps," inspired by Neil Armstrong's historic statement on the moon and includes a yearlong Ideas Festival focused on topics that allow Boilermakers everywhere a chance to reflect on the past, embrace the present and look to the future that Boilermakers will be instrumental in creating.

We hope to see you there!

[cid:image002.png at 01D4FE95.394BFB10]

Kayla
Kayla Burke
Administrative Assistant   I  Discovery Park  I  MRGN 120C
1201 W. State Street, W. Lafayette, IN 47907-2057
Office:  765.496.6103 I Mobile:  765.426.8504 I kbowsher at purdue.edu<mailto:kbowsher at purdue.edu>
[https://www.purdue.edu/brand/images/Purdue_University-150_Years_of_Giant_Leaps.png]
www.purdue.edu/giantleaps<http://www.purdue.edu/giantleaps>

To schedule a tour Discovery Park click here<http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/about/visit/index.php>. Please allow at least 2 weeks advanced notice.