msepostdoc-list 33rd H.C. Brown Lectures in Organic Chemistry

Coar, Stacey L scoar at purdue.edu
Fri Mar 11 14:27:29 EST 2016

It is once again our pleasure to extend a warm invitation to the 33rd Herbert C. Brown Lectures in Organic Chemistry at Purdue University.
Date:  Friday, April 15, 2016
Time:  9:00 AM - 6:00 PM (EST)
Location:  Stewart Center (STEW) 218

This year's event promises to be an exciting day celebrating and honoring the career of Professor H.C. Brown.  The program includes a diverse array of topics from the fields of synthetic and physical Organic Chemistry by a distinguished group of plenary speakers:

André B. Charette, Université de Montréal, "Synthesis of New Substituted Zinc Carbenoids and Their Application in Cyclopropanation Reactions"

Gary A. Molander, University of Pennsylvania, "Single Electron Processes to Enable Cross-Couplings"

Klaus Müllen, Max Planck Institute, "The Chemist´s Carbon Nanostructures as Functional Multitalents"

John A. Porco, Boston University, "Chemical Synthesis and Biological Studies of the Rocaglates and Derivatives"

All interested students, faculty, and scientists are welcome to attend.  Registration is free, and includes lunch for all participants who register by Friday, April 8, 2016.  We also encourage student participants to present their recent works at our poster session and competition, with prizes awarded for the best posters.

For more information about the H.C. Brown Lectures, please visit our website at: https://www.chem.purdue.edu/hcbrownlectures/.  We look forward to seeing you on April 15, 2016.

With best regards,

Chengde Mao, Chairman

mao at purdue.edu<mailto:mao at purdue.edu>