msepostdoc-list Prospective grad student visit on Thurs & Fri (2/23-24)

Finney, Patricia Jean pfinney at purdue.edu
Tue Feb 21 13:25:04 EST 2012

Hi all,

As you have heard, this Thursday and Friday we will be welcoming 16 prospective grad students to our department, and we will be hosting the following activities:

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23
11:30               Lunch
2:15                Open Lab Tour of Armstrong (schedule attached)
4:30                Office Hours at Adelino’s (112 North 3rd Street  Lafayette, IN 47901)
6:30                Dinner with MSE Graduate Students Lafayette Brewing Company (622 Main Street  Lafayette, IN 47901)

FRIDAY, February 24
11:30               Lunch
3:30                Seminar - Ali Shakouri, Birck Nanotechnology Center Director
6:00                MSE Potluck Dinner at the home of Profs. Handwerker and Blendell (5291 Grapevine Dr. West Lafayette, IN)

The deadline to sign up is TODAY (Tuesday 2/21) at 5pm for the lunch, Office Hours and dinner on Thursday as well as lunch and the potluck on Friday. Please sign up if you have not done so already. Sign-up sheets are located at the *MSE front office desk*!

We will also be having an Open Lab Tour from 2:15-3:30PM on Thursday (2/23), and we have a few volunteers who will be sharing their group's research in several labs in Armstrong during this time. The schedule for the open lab tour is also attached to this message.

Please email Kamesh (kswamin at purdue.edu) if you have any questions.

Thanks, and we hope to see you at the activities!
MSE Recruitment Committee