msepostdoc-list Gifts for US Sailors

Donna Bystrom bystrom at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Nov 15 14:36:54 EST 2011

Everyone:
There is a box in the MSE reception area for holiday gifts for US
Sailors that are stationed on the USS George Washington anchored in
Japan.  These sailors will spend the holidays on this ship.  To show our
appreciation we are collecting items to be shipped out to the USS George
Washington.  Possible items would be as follows:

Toiletries:  shaving cream, cotton balls/q-tips, nail clippers or file,
small containers of lotion, etc

Non-perishable sealed snacks:  granola bars, crackers/chips, hard candy,
cocoa packets, etc

Other items:  writing paper, pens/pencils, paperback books, travel size
games, playing cards, etc

Money for shipping costs would also be welcome or write a card of thanks.

This box and it's contents will be picked up on Monday, November 21st.

Thanks for your consideration.
Donna