[MSE-XRD-Admin] D500 question

Anne Argast argast at ipfw.edu
Thu Apr 25 09:43:30 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm in the Geosciences Department at Indiana Purdue University Fort Wayne and am thinking about replacing an older Philips XRD with a refurbished Siemens D500. It is my understand you have one in your facility.

I was curious as to your experience with the D500, and was also wondering if you use the Siemens OEM windows-based software to control the instrument (which I'm told will run on windows 7), or whether you use something like Datascan from MDI. If the former, does it work OK?

Thanks much,

Anne

Anne Argast
Prof. of Geology