EWB-Purdue Week 6 Email

Riley J Boris boris0 at purdue.edu
Fri Feb 9 20:00:13 EST 2018

Hey everyone!

Next meeting: Feb 12th 6 - 8 pm in ARMS B098

ALL MEMBERS MUST SIGN UP FOR AT LEAST ONE HOUR A MONTH OF VOLUNTEERING, We may move the fundraiser to Armstrong, we will inform you of any changes in lab

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wPWpQ2jBs04AcdH1-ORlUPM50OhHVBnznvZ5Iq9tuSk/edit#gid=0

In this email:

  *   Speakers for next meeting

  *   Mid Semester Design Review

  *   Basecamp

  *   EPICS Homework

  *   Travel Applications

  *   Design Lead Update

  *   Calendar Links

Speakers for next meeting

The speakers we were supposed to host last week had to cancel due to scheduling conflicts. We will be hosting them this week to speak on Bolivian culture so come prepared with questions for our guests.

Mid Semester Design Review

Monday February 19th 6-8pm is Mid Semester Design Review. The EPICS EWB members will be giving presentations to a board of reviewers. All members are invited to attend this meeting. It is a great opportunity to learn what the teams have been doing this semester. If you are not an EPICS student, you do not have to dress business casual this night.

Basecamp

Please accept the invite to basecamp that was sent out last Monday to all EWB members.

EPICS Homework

All members

Read email of EPICS specific information which was sent about Week 7 deliverables.

Make sure you are keeping your notebooks up to date!

First Year EPICS Members

Last week you should have watched the Ethics Lecture on youtube and completed the makeup quiz on myEPICS

Returning EPICS members

Make sure you are taking care of your PDHs

Travel Application

Thank you to those that have applied. The selection committee is reviewing the applications and the students selected for interviews will be notified soon. Interviews will occur 2/12-2/16.

Design Lead Update

Remember to send meeting summaries to advisors the day of your design meeting.

Calendar Links

Here's <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=k6adasfa5cutbnmsfkr76qvcuk%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York> the link to the calendar for you guys! Check it for important dates and meeting times.

As usual, please email me if you have any questions!

See you on Monday!

Riley Boris

EWB Vice President

Civil Engineering '20