EWB-Purdue EWB General Meeting 6 Update

Andrew Brinton Lang lang18 at purdue.edu
Wed Oct 19 19:44:43 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

This email contains a summary of the (10/19/2016) General Meeting for EWB Purdue.

SUMMARY

  *   Design process overview. Please read the EPICS Design process diagram for more information on the engineering design and product/project development found here:https://sharepoint.ecn.purdue.edu/epics/teams/public%20documents/epics_design_process.pdf.
EPICS Design Process - Purdue University<https://sharepoint.ecn.purdue.edu/epics/teams/public%20documents/epics_design_process.pdf>
sharepoint.ecn.purdue.edu<http://sharepoint.ecn.purdue.edu>
EPICS Design Process Copyright © 2009 EPICS - 1 - 1/7/2010 Project Identification Phase : Goal is to identify a specific, compelling need to be addressed

  *   Quick Announcements about T-shirts and Dues.

•       Overview for the Water Design Activity for next week. Think about the following questions:
o   What components are generally parts of a Water system?
o   What problems could arise?

SIGN UP FOR DESIGN TEAMS HERE
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qpj8F5SFWPvZmjUwpkMGbNWMXSMmYBDYV2A1p3B39IE/edit?usp=sharing

NOTES FOR NEXT MEETING
Next week we will be having a design workshop where we will be taking data from the EPICS team water assessment of water access in Nakyenyi and working in teams to brainstorm preliminary designs.

  *   Bring Pencil, paper, Laptops and/or tablets for the design activity!!!!!!

The PowerPoint for the meeting is attached here:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uN4cC8XdUQVQHUM7rNABPoJyWHI3q3O3Ky-yzTKHMTE/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you all for coming out today! Hope to see you next week

Andrew Lang
EWB Purdue Vice President