[Ewb-list] Hey EWB-ers!

arazi at purdue.edu arazi at purdue.edu
Fri Jul 25 12:18:50 EDT 2014

Hey fellow members of Engineers without Borders at Purdue,

This is Thalib, your president. Hope you have all are having a great summer. This has been a long time coming. Both the assessment trip, and this e-mail. I apologize if any of you have felt out of the loop.

But I'm happy to announce that, exactly two months ago, the travel team returned from a very successful assessment trip in Nakyenyi, Uganda!

In short, we found a sufficient need for the biogas project, as well as a potential site, and a few other side projects we could pick up as well. We just finalized and submitted the 522 Post Assessment forms which explain our findings and data to EWB-USA. I've attached an excerpt from the 522, with photos from our trip. Take a look!

If you have questions or want to learn more, stay posted for an e-mail about our callout! We'll have many more pictures and information, and of course, pizza. We will also talk about the way forward from here, particularly about our partnership with EPICS.

"Weraba" for now, or goodbye as they say in Uganda, and looking forward to seeing you this fall!

Important note: If you have been with us for at least one semester, are interested in joining an EPICS team, and did not receive an e-mail earlier today, please respond to me and I'll forward it to you. If not, disregard this note.

-Thalib

Ahmed Thalib Razi
Mechanical Engineering, Class of 2015
President, Engineers without Borders chapter
Vice President, Muslim Students' Association
Purdue University, West Lafayette