[Ewb-list] Meeting Summary

ssmcmull at purdue.edu ssmcmull at purdue.edu
Sun Oct 17 21:42:20 EDT 2010

Hey everyone,

Just a summary of Thursday's meeting:

We brainstormed ideas for connecting the tree spring to the village in order to
reduce their water deficit. We have some great ideas and began identifying the
pros and cons to each of the ideas. We will continue to do so next meeting and
narrow it down to one or two main designs, which we will then model in EPAnet.

We also worked more on EPA net and are modeling the existing piping system on
EPAnet and will continue helping each another out next meeting. If you haven't
downloaded EPAnet and done the tutorial, it only takes about 1 min to download
and 30min to finish the tutorial.

Here's the link to download EPAnet:
http://www.epa.gov/nrmrl/wswrd/dw/epanet.html

It's the link towards the bottom, "self-extracting..."Once you've downloaded it,
go to help, then tutorial.

We're also going to be making a list of any questions we may have for our mentor
and the engineers in Bolivia.

If you haven't been able to make it to the past few meetings, don't worry, we
can bring you up to date at the next meeting!

Thanks and see you all there,

Sara McMullen