[ESW] ESW Post Meeting Wrap Up 12/06

Kevin Antonio Murcia-Barrios kmurciab at purdue.edu
Sun Dec 10 22:12:21 EST 2017

Hey everybody,

Last Wednesday we wrapped up the semester with one last meeting so I'm here to bring you the important main takeaways:

Projects
Here's some updates on some of the projects we're currently working on:

Recycling Initiative
The poster is done thanks to Dylan so right now we're just waiting on permission to put them up. Once we have the go ahead, we're aiming to put them up all across campus by the end of January.

Granite Recycling
Here's a timeline on how the project will look like starting next month:
First week: Christian and Camila, who are spear heading the project, will meet with the project's main contact Lindsey Payne
Second week: They will continue the above while also attending the Go Greener meeting
Third week: Hopefully we can get started working on a proposal/plan for the meeting with Granite, which we aim to have by the last week of January.
With any luck, Granite will be completely moved by our heartfelt proposal and wholeheartedly agree. After which we might be able to bring this project up to local government.

Timmy Global Health Annual Banquet
We've received word that the Purdue chapter of Timmy Global Health, a national non-profit organization that aims to improve global health, will be hosting a banquet and silent auction. They have called on us to see if our club would be interested on sponsoring a table at the banquet. Last meeting, we voted and agreed to do so. In return we get noted as a sponsor in the program and presentation, have our logo on advertisements, etc. but most importantly, we get a named table for 10 members of ESW. We'll have more info on all that next semester!

T-shirts
To all those who payed, we will receive and hand out shirts soon (hopefully before break). To those who didn't buy one, we will also have a couple extras available.

Next Year
Next semester, we're hoping to continue making progress on our current work as well as starting new projects. We're gonna be looking into the idea of putting up a Recycling Tent on campus or (more importantly) making our idea of a bicycle-powered smoothie stand a reality!

So that's it for now. We want to thank you guys for a great start of the 2017-2018 school year. We wish you guys good luck on finals! See you all next semester!