[ESW] General Meeting - ESW Spring 2016

Andrew Patrick Marcotte amarcot at purdue.edu
Tue Jan 26 20:12:59 EST 2016

Hey everyone,

First of all, I hope everyone had a great break and is ready for some exciting things we have planned for this semester. I wanted to make sure that you were all aware of a few upcoming events that are happening, both through ESW and the Student Sustainability Council.

1. ESW General Meeting - The first ESW general meeting will be happening on Tuesday, Feb. 2nd at 7 pm. The meeting will be in MSEE B010, and we will be discussing upcoming events for this semester as well as elections and projects. Please make sure to be there so you know what is happening for the beginning of the semester.

2. Greening the Statehouse - This event is an opportunity to go and discuss environmental policy with lawmakers in Indianapolis.  The event is on Thursday, February 18th, but registration closes tomorrow. Please let me know if you are interested ASAP.

3. Sustainability Manifesto - SSC has put together a document describing what we would like Purdue to focus on and what to make our sustainability goals for the next 5 years. Please take a moment to look it over and sign, we would like 10000 signatures in order to show Purdue that this is something we care about. The link to the manifesto is below.

https://<https://goo.gl/QtQIOh>goo.gl/QtQIOh<https://goo.gl/QtQIOh>

Finally, I have attached the Powerpoint of today's callout. It has a more complete list of events that are upcoming, along with project leader information. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to seeing many of you next week!

Andrew Marcotte

B.S. of Chemical Engineering - Spring 2016

President - Engineers for a Sustainable World