[ESW] Upcoming Meetings and Events

Jason W Lee lee1933 at purdue.edu
Thu Oct 8 10:04:05 EDT 2015

Hello ESW,

Thank you to those of you who came to the general meeting on Tuesday. Just in case if you did not make it and was curious what went down, attached here is the PowerPoint presentation from the meeting for your perusal.

Happening this week:

Habitat for Humanity's Shack a Thon
Habitat for Humanity's Shack a Thon is happening today! There are still a lot of slots to be filled. Hence, if you have the time please sign up here . FYI, Habitat for Humanity's Shack a Thon is an event where groups make a shack out of wood and cardboard and try to make the best shack, and to raise awareness for poverty and the homeless. Prizes are handed out for best shack, creativity, and most livable. The event runs from 10 am to 4pm today and we need at least 1 person there the whole time.

Saturday Black & Gold & Green Tailgate Recycling Team
We will be recycling again this Saturday at the tailgate before the game of Purdue vs Minnesota . So far no one has signed up yet. If you have the time, please sign up here and fill out the survey here . You efforts will be greatly appreciated. FYI, w e will be working from 8:45 am to 12:00 pm, and again you will be getting a t-shirt, lunch, and a ticket to the football game.

Engineers for a Sustainable World Regional Conference

The ESW Regional Conference is happening in a few more weeks. It will take place on October 24th, 2015 at Forney Hall of Chemical Engineering. There will be other ESW chapters from campuses around the midwest at the regional conference as well as speakers from Purdue University and corporate companies talking about sustainability.

Registration is $15 for members and $25 for non-members of the club. Registration will get you food. Even if you do not register, we encourage everyone to stop by to see the speakers. In addition, we need some volunteers for the event. Volunteers be tasked on directing crowd flow, manning the registration table and more. If you are interested, let me know and I will sign you up.

Thank you

Regards,
Jason
Jason Lee