[ESW] Yearly Wrap-Up Remarks

Elizabeth Leigh Geller egeller at purdue.edu
Sat May 2 17:30:07 EDT 2015

Hello ESW Members,

As the academic year comes to a close I'd like to point out some yearly highlights from our chapter and thank everyone for all of your contributions to ESW this year. This was a fantastic year for ESW, we had many accomplishments and as some of you may know we were rewarded for our hard work by receiving the ESW National Outstanding Chapter Award for the Central Region. This award was presented to our chapter at the ESW National Conference in April and is awarded to chapters who show distinguished accomplishments,. Excellent work to everyone for helping us achieve this high recognition!

Below are a few highlights from this year - great work and thank you for your loyal membership.

- Increased membership from 10 to 40 members
- Raised $1500 for our chapter through football composting
- Conducted our second annual trash audit
- Visited a new facility - ReNeww House
- Took 8 members to the national conference
- Started a new project - the Rain Garden
- Had the most people ever run for officer positions during elections
- Added a new officer position - Secretary
- Won the Outstanding Chapter Award for the central region

I have enjoyed my time serving as ESW-Purdue president and truly enjoyed watching this group grow and become friends. From this point forward Andrew Marcotte will take over as President. He can be reached at amarcot at purdue.edu

Thank you and best of luck to all of you!
Elizabeth

--
Elizabeth Geller
Outgoing ESW-Purdue President