[ESW] ESW Upcoming Events

Olivia K Steele osteele at purdue.edu
Mon Feb 23 16:43:07 EST 2015

Hello ESW!

First of all I want to let you know about an event happening t his Thursday at 8:30 PM!

    • Careers for a Sustainable World : February 26, 8:30 PM. ESW Northwestern has put together a virtual panel of alumni who have gone on to work in various sustainability fields. You can attend by coming to watching with other Purdue members in ME 2063 or virtually by registering here: http://www.eswusa.org/drupal/events/2015/02/careers-sustainable-world-panel
Here's what ESW Northwestern has to say about it:

"Want a job that makes the world a more sustainable place? Join alumni from the ESW-NU chapter as they speak about their transition from university to the working world. This video-conference career panel will include panelists from the solar, regulatory, and chemical industries, and they will be phoning in from all over the country. Our panel is ready to answer your questions on how to land a job and how to incorporate sustainability into your career!"

    • General meeting Tuesday March 3rd 7:30-8:30pm in ME 2063

ESW Course : ESW Nationals is offering a 6-week online course titled "Ecological Economics for Scientists & Engineers". The class runs from March 4th-April 8th and meets virtually one day a week. The entire class costs only $6 for ESW members. You will receive a certificate upon completing the course. Read more details and register here: http://www.eswusa.org/drupal/events/2015/02/esw-u-short-course-ecological-economics-scientists-engineers

Finally, if you are interested in running for an officer position and would like to see what we do behind the scenes please come to one of our officer meetings. The next one is Tuesday, Feb. 24th 7:30-8:30pm in ME 2063.

Have a great week,

--
Olivia Steele
Community Service and Events Coordinator