[ESW] ESW callout recap/next meeting info

egarnier at purdue.edu egarnier at purdue.edu
Tue Sep 4 00:05:26 EDT 2012

Hey everyone!

Thanks to all those who came to the callout! I'm really excited to get down to business.
Here's a recap of what we discussed on Thursday:

    • Introductions
    • A little history of ESW national and the Purdue Chapter. We're rebuilding and we want to make ESW a well known and respected organization on campus so now is a great time to join.
    • Some of our project ideas: football recycling project (we will discuss this in depth this week), recycling in the off campus complexes, a feasibility study of solar panels on Purdue building roofs, electricity generating bikes, having a presence at Green Week (this will also be a big topic this week).
    • Leadership positions as an officer or as a project leader will be available
    • Meetings will be weekly or biweekly depending on the work load. It seems Thursdays at 5 work for a lot of people. We'll also have meetings for certain projects for those who want to be more involved in certain projects.
    • Social events: we want to hang out, and get to know each other a bit better so we're gonna have social events throughout the year, starting next weekend. We'll discuss this more this week.

Next meeting: this Thursday, 9/06 at 5pm. I'll email you the room tomorrow !

As always, feel free to email me with any questions.

Emilie Garnier

Purdue University, School of Mechanical Engineering

ESW President