ESE-faculty-list Qualtrics for final Selection for the 2017 spring Keystone Series

Lee, Linda S lslee at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 18 12:19:37 EST 2016

We received 15 responses to our query for what may be a good hot topic for the 2017 Spring Keystone Series. Many suggestions were interesting areas for discussion, but general and not a current 'hot' topic. For the latter, the following three topics listed below were suggested with the first one coming from the most people, followed by the second, and then the third. For the latter, while it is definitely a hot topic, I am not sure we want to go there right now because it would be challenging to review science-based materials in which to foster a productive discussion.

Please rank your choices at the following Qualtrics Link: Qualtrics for final Selection for the 2017 Spring Keystone Series<https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_b8jM4VXUxlEevXf>
for your preference of these three topics for the spring 2017 Keystone Series focus.

1.       Standing Rock/Dakota Access Pipeline

2.       Water quality issues, e.g., per/polyfluorinated compounds, which have been in the news a lot recently and in which new provisionary levels are approaching or below quantitation limits of typical commercial labs.

3.       With Trump's Victory, what now?

Linda S. Lee
B480 Lilly Hall, West Lafayette, IN 47907; Office: (765) 494-8612; Cell (765) 414-3086; lslee at purdue.edu<mailto:lslee at purdue.edu>
Purdue University Dept. of Agronomy, Professor of Environmental Chemistry & Associate Head
Interdisciplinary Ecological Science & Engineering (ESE) Graduate Program, Program Head, www.purdue.edu/ese<http://www.purdue.edu/ese>
Division of Environmental Ecological Engineering, Faculty Affiliate