[Epics-india] EPICS Week 13 Announcements

Pierce, Andrew L pierce1 at purdue.edu
Fri Apr 3 17:12:21 EDT 2020

Hi all,

The labs this week seem to be running better than last week, and I thank you all for your good attitudes. I don't want to swamp you with class announcements, but I wanted to take a minute to encourage you all to look after not only your physical health during this strange time, but to take a holistic approach to your well-being. If you are struggling with mental health, family situation, financial stress, or whatever else may be weighing on you, please talk with someone and get some help. Many therapists are doing telemedicine, and that a great way to talk things over with a professional. You aren't alone, even if you are forced to be physically alone - many of your advisors and instructors are going through similar struggles and would be more than happy to lend an understanding ear. We miss you all.

You can find great resources on many of these issues and answers to all of your covid questions at https://coronavirus.purdue.edu/students/.

If you need anything, at any time, for any reason - feel free to reach out. One of my favorite songwriters, Mr. John Prine, has been in critical care for a week with the coronavirus, so I'm going to leave you with this this little clip of one of his songs from the Colbert Show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XokTQSGNj3Q

-Andrew

Andrew Pierce
EPICS Assistant Director
Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering - Room 1209
701 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2045
Email: pierce1 at purdue.edu<mailto:pierce1 at purdue.edu>
Phone: (765) 414-2107