[Epics-india] meeting this week

Oakes, William C. oakes at purdue.edu
Fri Mar 23 13:47:28 EDT 2018

Ok. We will catch up next week

Sent from my iPhone
William Oakes, PE
Director, EPICS Program
Professor, Engineering Education
oakes at purdue.edu<mailto:oakes at purdue.edu>
765-418-8029

On Mar 23, 2018, at 7:11 PM, Zaina Mae El-Demerdash <zeldemer at purdue.edu<mailto:zeldemer at purdue.edu>> wrote:

Hi Professor Oakes!

Sorry for the late reply-there was a typo in the EPICS India email address so we never got the email.

Progress/Updates:

  *   We were able to finish the casing and paint it. We also have an EPICS logo on the side
  *   Everything is wired and in the board
  *   Most of it is coded
  *   We have covers for the LEDs

Issues:

  *   Coding: We're having issues with the 7seg display showing the correct answer choice selected

Moving forward:

  *   We need to purchase the plastic cover for the paper, foam sheets to use as padding on the side and triangle buttons to replace the navigation buttons.
  *   We need to get an appropriate power supply (battery)
  *   We need to screw on the top to the base
  *   We are in contact with a teacher at Battleground Middle School and we will be testing in two weeks (they have Spring break this week)

We won't be able to meet for dinner Tuesday or Wednesday because of exams and skill sessions, but we would like to meet sometime during the day Tuesday to give you an update. Will you be available anytime between 3:00pm-5:00pm?

Thank you!

Zaina El-Demerdash

Purdue University ?? College of Engineering

Society of Women Engineers ?? Senior Sleepover co-chair

Purdue University Welcome Center ?? Student Ambassador