[Epics-india] Fwd: EPICS India: Help with buttons and Arduino

Rahul Maheswaran rmaheswa at purdue.edu
Wed Feb 14 13:59:26 EST 2018

________________________________
From: Adeline Naon <addienaon at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 10:34:53 AM
To: Rahul Maheswaran
Subject: Re: EPICS India: Help with buttons and Arduino

Rahul,
There should be no problem with your code. I’m guessing you have the wrong circuitry. It’s a bit hard to explain, but I’ve attached some picture of the buttons from the project we are working on. Generally it should be set up like this:
Input: Positive pin, front pin (the one sticking out in front)
Output: ground pin, bottom pin
If you are using a resistor it should be connected to the bottom pin as well

This is the setup for a basic button circuit. In the picture I sent you, the input is # 13, and the output # 6.