[Epics-india] EPICS Week 5 Announcements

Pierce, Andrew L pierce1 at purdue.edu
Fri Feb 3 17:49:00 EST 2017

Important EPICS Week 5 Announcements
________________________________
Lecture - Monday, February 6th , 2017
First-time EPICS Students:

*         7:30 AM lecture will be held in ARMS B061

*         4:30 PM lecture will be held in CL50 224
Returning EPICS Students:

*         A new online module on Conceptual Design has been posted on MyEPICS and YouTube.

________________________________
Service Learning Grants - Due Feb 9th
If your team intends to spend more than the initial $200 this semester, we suggest that in addition to submitting a budget to EPICS, you strongly consider submitting a service-learning grant through the office of the Provost. The application and guidelines can be found at https://slg.engagement.purdue.edu/.
________________________________
EPICS Awards Open-House and End of Year Celebration - Save the Date: April 17th at 3:30 PM in the Kurtz Atrium in ARMS

This year we are going to start a new tradition of holding a public open-house for all EPICS students, advisors, project partners, and friends on the Monday of final design review for the Spring semester. We will highlight award winners, scholarship recipients, and celebrate teams with delivered projects. Please plan to join us to celebrate you and your classmates' successes.

________________________________

Global Competition for Hardware-Led Social Innovation Issues
ASME's ISHOW is the only global competition with a focus on hardware-led social innovation. The competitions will be held this spring in Bangalore, Nairobi, and Washington D.C., where finalists in all three locations will share $500,000 in seed grants, technical assistance, design and engineering reviews. See ThisIsHardware.org<http://go.toutapp.com/8fdde16eaf6e54fdaf>.

Andrew Pierce
EPICS Academic Administrator
Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering - Room 1209
701 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2045
Email: pierce1 at purdue.edu<mailto:pierce1 at purdue.edu>
Phone: (765) 414-2107