[Epics-india] EPICS Week 16 Announcements

Pierce, Andrew L pierce1 at purdue.edu
Fri Apr 21 17:23:26 EDT 2017

Important EPICS Week 16 Announcements
________________________________

Great Job this Semester, and Great Job in Design Reviews!
Thank you all for the hard work and long hours you put in to help your community partners. We have seen so many of your projects start to make a difference in the community already. A special thank you to all of the team advisors, our fantastic group of TAs, UGTAs, and office workers for helping to make it happen. Finish out this last week strong.
________________________________

UGTA Applications
Interested in being a UGTA in EPICS? Duties include lab maintenance, 3d printing, and helping out EPICS students in the labs. Email a resume to Jorge at mart1419 at purdue.edu<mailto:mart1419 at purdue.edu>.
________________________________

EPICS Ambassador Applications - Due April 27
Interested in representing EPICS? Ambassadors earn lecture credits while representing EPICS to other Purdue departments and external groups. See attached application.
________________________________

Don't Forget to Connect with Us on Social Media

We especially love getting photos and videos of you all in action.

Please connect with us whether you are coming back next semester or not, we want to keep in touch with all of our alums.
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Purdue-EPICS-5109739/about>    Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/epicspurdue/>    Twitter<https://twitter.com/EPICSPurdue>    Flickr<https://www.flickr.com/photos/epics_lib/>
________________________________

Delivery T-Shirts - Not Too Late!
Are you delivering this semester, but after the awards open-house? You can still earn your delivery t-shirt by turning in your completed delivery checklist to the EPICS office before the end of the semester.
________________________________

End of Semester Checklist

*         Due This Week - see your TA for specific dates

o   Individual Evaluation Rubric

o   Project Evaluation Rubric

o   Notebook/Documentation

o   Final Reflection

o   Peer Evaluations

o   Course and TA Evaluations

*         Transition Document

o   You should leave a document showing next fall's team exactly what steps to take next and where all materials can be found.

*         Label all project materials outside your locker with TEAM NAME and FALL 17 - we will dispose of all unlabeled prototypes

*         Clean out your team locker

o   Don't dump your materials all over the lab - dispose of your own trash

*         Check your activity credits and attendance in MyEPICS - report any errors

*         Upload any materials from external sites to Sharepoint or provide instructions on their access

________________________________

Team Ecuador Needs Your Vote!
Team Ecuador recently applied for a $50,000- $100,000 grant called "A Community Thrives" by USA Today. One of the important steps to qualify for final consideration is getting in the top 10 most votes in your category and I wanted to ask if you guys as a department could share the voting link on your social media platforms to help a Purdue Epics team win! http://act.usatoday.com/submit-an-idea/#/gallery/search/Purdue
Andrew Pierce
EPICS Academic Administrator
Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering - Room 1209
701 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2045
Email: pierce1 at purdue.edu<mailto:pierce1 at purdue.edu>
Phone: (765) 414-2107