[Embrio-list] EMBRIO Weekly recordings and upcoming + R Café sessions

Ladd, Brent Thomas laddb at purdue.edu
Tue Aug 15 16:01:59 EDT 2023

Hello All,

If you missed yesterday's walk through of the Blender tool, or the BioRender tool introduction back in June (or any of the previous Weekly Update seminars), you can find the video recordings (along w/ text and links from the chat) on our Box shared files under the "Weekly Meeting Recordings" folder: https://app.box.com/s/48uqgrgoy5ygp1tsj2l3lafoy8ubgkop<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapp.box.com%2Fs%2F48uqgrgoy5ygp1tsj2l3lafoy8ubgkop&data=05%7C01%7Cembrio-list%40ecn.purdue.edu%7C5e1182ecbc2a4114adc808db9dca7c25%7C4130bd397c53419cb1e58758d6d63f21%7C0%7C0%7C638277265209218689%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=1Kq2zLKa0DTu9wcBNGv8oQ0q%2BaSQaNLIEY5l4uM9swk%3D&reserved=0>

Thanks again to our Student Leadership Council members for organizing both of these mini workshops! BTW, the council will be leading an session for trainees only for the weekly next Monday, followed by a session for all faculty investigators on the 28th.

In response to your collective input requesting specific topics that you desire to learn more about, we will dedicate most of September and October with sessions germane to the Institute where we can all gain knowledge w/ some hands-on experience. We'll return to research-oriented talks in November. Below is the schedule through October for upcoming Weekly meetings.

Aug     21      Student Leadership Council - Grads and Postdocs Only Session
Aug     28      Faculty Investigators Only
Sept    4       Labor Day no meeting
Sept    11      Dr. Linlin Li: Part I: Solving Mathematical Modeling with ODE or PDE in MatLab or Python (Google Colab)
Sept    18
Dr. Linlin: Part II: Solving Mathematical Modeling with ODE or PDE in MatLab or Python (Google Colab)
Sept    25      Dr. Adrian Buganza Tepole: Part I: Physics informed machine learning
Oct     2       Dr. Adrian Buganza Tepole: Part II: Physics informed machine learning
Oct     9       Fall Break - no meeting
Oct     16      TBD: Statistical Design of Experiments with Dr. Mauricio Cabrera
Oct     23      ABIDES: Mentoring with Dr. Anjali Iyer-Pascuzzi
Oct     30      Thrust & Site Leads

Weekly R Café Fall Semester:
Along these lines, Dr. Priyanka Baloni is offering weekly sessions this semester on Wednesday's starting Sept. 6th (exception of November will have one on 11/9 a Thursday) at 3:30 - 4:30 ET for EMBRIO trainees and faculty to learn R for data analytics. Each session will build on the previous week and will be held primarily in person at Purdue in Hall for Discovery Learning & Research (DLR) conference room 221 (no need to sign up, just come). Those outside of Purdue will be able to join via Zoom link (TBA). More details will be forthcoming.

Brent

Brent T. Ladd, Senior Research Program Manager, EMBRIO Institute<https://www.purdue.edu/research/embrio/>
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering
Purdue University
Office: Hall for Discovery Learning and Research
207 S. Martin Jischke Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
laddb at purdue.edu

<https://www.purdue.edu/research/embrio/>