[Embrio-list] End of week announcements

Ladd, Brent Thomas laddb at purdue.edu
Fri Dec 16 11:38:00 EST 2022

Dear EMBRIO Members,
Wishing you all an enjoyable winter break, safe travels, and may we all be healthy in the New Year. A few announcements and dates to hold on your calendar as we close out the semester.

Please hold the following dates for next summer in-person activity:

July 10 - 12, Trainee Workshop, Notre Dame University

July 13 - 14, All-Hands Annual Meeting, Purdue University

Thrust & Site Leads Only - block Feb. 9 and 10 for our workshop at Indiana University

NSF Items
Our annual report and year 3 budget will be due the end of June to our NSF Program Officer (rather than Sept. 1). This necessitates a much earlier start to the reporting and budget request process. More details are coming in the New Year.

Our first official NSF site visit will be virtual, with a yet to be determined date in February or March. Again, more details forthcoming.

EMBRIO Purdue campus REU

student nominations and project details due Jan. 13 for first consideration. Please complete the online survey<https://forms.gle/yzUQ6hEpFpXcwsN8A> to submit your project details, and student information if you have a student already in mind.

Weekly Updates - Spring Semester
We will resume Weekly Updates on Monday, January 9th , 3 pm with Dr. Krishna Jayant presenting.

Spring Semester Weekly Update Schedule, Monday at 3pm ET & Zoom link:

 https://purdue-edu.zoom.us/j/99819751005?pwd=UVlvWVpxRDB0cDVXbmxBU1NUTEZGZz09&from=addon

January 9
Krishna Jayant, Asst. Prof., BME, Purdue
January 16
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No Meeting, please volunteer locally
January 23
Trainee Professional Development, Grants Series Session #2
January 30
Anjali Iyer-Pascuzzi, Assoc. Prof., BPP, Purdue, DEI Director, EMBRIO
February 6
Thrust & Site Leads Update Meeting
February 13
Priyanka Baloni, Asst. Prof, HHS, Purdue
February 20
 Trainee Professional Development, Grants Series Session #3
February 27
Bakary Samasa, Mary Mullins Lab
March 6
Thrust & Site Leads Update Meeting