ECEA event: Experiencing Purdue, July 16, lab & project demo help needed

Mark C. Johnson mcjohnso at ecn.purdue.edu
Fri Jul 9 15:13:10 EDT 2010

ECE Ambassadors,

I don't know how many of you are around this summer but
there is an event coming up a week from today for which your
help is needed. The event is "Experiencing Purdue". It is an
event for top prospective students described at
http://www.admissions.purdue.edu/ExperiencePurdue/. ECE will
be conducting two 90 minute sessions in EE divided into 3 30
minute activities as described below.

Please consider helping with one or more of these activities
and let me know if you can. In the first two activities,
additional help for students will make the activities more
interesting and fun. For the 3rd activity we need students
both to help demonstrate some senior design projects and to
visit with the prospective students.

(30 Min) Voltage vs. Time (Sights and Sounds) - Led by
Barrett Robinson
             See a nanosecond
             Make a beeper
(30 min) Listening to Waveforms - Led by me
            Experiment with Digital Filters (using Labview)
            Extract a Secret Message
(30 min) Demonstration of Senior Design Projects
            Talk with Graduate Students
		Amazing Devices

thanks

DrJ

P.S. I'm guessing that a lot of you are out of town for the
summer, but some grad student members and maybe even a few
undergrads will be around.

email: mcjohnso at purdue.edu
voice: 765 494-0636
office: EE268