ECEA Urgent: Ambassadors Needed for Monday Event

Aaron Hershberger athershberger at live.com
Thu Feb 18 22:36:31 EST 2010

Ambassadors,

As many of you know, ECE is in the process of searching for a department
head.  As such, we'll be hosting some of the top candidates here at Purdue
in the next month.  The first such visit has been scheduled for this
upcoming Monday.

I need 7-8 Ambassadors to volunteer to have lunch with our guest, Monday
2/22 12:15-1:15pm.  It's going to be in EE 118 and catered by Panera Bread.
The attire will be business casual (Ambassador polos and khakis).

Our guest that day will be.

Venkataramanan "Ragu" Balakrishnan

Associate Dean of Engineering Research and

Interim Head and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering

Purdue University

While many of us have interacted with him personally over the last year, we
are to treat him with the same high level of respect as we will the other
candidates for the position.

Also as part of the process, he will give a seminar Monday 1:30-2:30 in POTR
234 that, to my knowledge, students are allowed to attend.   (On a personal
note, those of you who wish may desire to show up as a show of support for a
fellow Boilermaker.)

If you wish to volunteer for the lunch (and I need a lot of you to) please
email me.  Assume that it is not full until I say otherwise.

Thanks,

Aaron Hershberger

President - ECEA