ECEA State Fair Volunteers Needed

Cathy Strickland cathystrickland at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:24:36 EDT 2009

Hello ECE Ambassadors.

I trust you are all having a great summer and that you are gearing up for
the return of school. Look forward to emails in the near future to provide
details regarding upcoming meetings.

We do have an event that needs volunteers between now and the beginning of
school. There will be an annual Purdue Day at the State Fair next Friday,
August 7, 2009. The fair runs from 8am-7pm. The department would like to see
1-2 Ambassadors there at all times. HKN will have set up some demos for the
day so all you have to do is man the booth and ask questions about the
demos. If we get enough volunteers, you should also have the opportunity to
sneak away to check out the actual fair (but you won't have to pay admission
because you'll already be inside the fair!).

In order to save anyone from having to be there the whole time, we will have
three shifts: 8:30a-11:30a, 11:30a-3:30a, and 3:30p-7:30p.  If you're going
to be anywhere near Lafayette or Indianapolis and could help for one or more
of the time slots, please let Chad Lau (lauc at purdue.edu) know as soon as
possible. Also let me know so that I can pass along your name to the
development office because you will be eligible for reimbursement for your
travel to the fair.

Thank you,
Cathy