[BNC-grads-list] Storytelling Events Today 3:00pm at BRK 1001

Nanotechnology Student Advisory Council nsac at purdue.edu
Wed Nov 16 20:27:52 EST 2022

Hi all,

Birck Storytelling Workshop

3-4 pm, Thursday Nov. 17

BRK 1001

Birck and NSAC are launching a new series of informal workshops -- open to all students, staff and faculty -- to help us develop our communication skills.

At this first session, Neil Dilley will announce upcoming storytelling events at Birck and also share a helpful nugget about effective communication!

The goals of these sessions are to:

- Learn: hear brief presentations on elements of storytelling and find out why these are so important for us to use.

- Get Involved: sign up for fun activities like “1-minute science” talks to kids at NanoDays.

- Practice: present your talk (for a conference, interview, outreach…) to a friendly audience and get their constructive feedback.

- Get Help: do you need resources like animation or graphic arts? Neil can put you in contact with experts on campus who will be excited to collaborate.

We will provide cookies and refreshments!